USGBC is the largest and most influential organization dedicated to transforming the way buildings and communities are designed. It is made up of tens of thousands of member organizations, chapters and student and community volunteers that are moving the building industry forward in a way that has never been seen before. Today they are 76 chapters, 12,870 member organizations and 197,000 LEED professionals strong.
As part of Island Press’ ongoing partnership with the US Green Building Council, we are now a USGBC education partner. Island Press will share educational material from books as well as author event content on USGBC’s new online education platform for members to gain further education in key focus areas and earn continuing education credits.
USGBC is transforming the building landscape in a number of ways:
- LEED — The most widely recognized and widely used green building program across the globe. LEED is certifying 1.5 million square feet of building space each day in 135 countries. LEED is a certification program for buildings, homes and communities that guides the design, construction, operations and maintenance. Today, more than 54,000 projects are currently participating in LEED, comprising more than 10.1 billion square feet of construction space.
- Greenbuild International Conference & Expo — The world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to green building. Each year, tens of thousands of professionals from all over the world attend this can’t-miss event.
- Advocacy — At every level of government, USGBC provides policymakers and community leaders with the tools, strategies and resources they need to inspire action toward a sustainable built environment.
- Credentials — The LEED Green Associate credential and the various LEED AP credentials offer professionals a designation designed to help them stand out in the building industry. The LEED Green Associate and LEED AP credentials help demonstrate knowledge in sustainable design, construction, operations and maintenance of buildings and communities.
- Education — USGBC provides green building educational programs in a variety of formats for professionals from all sectors of the building industry. Thousands of designers, builders, suppliers and managers have attended our seminars. All USGBC educational offerings support the LEED professional credentials
- Chapters — Through an actively engaged network of over 76 regional USGBC chapter organizations, our reach is nationwide with resources, education and networking opportunities in every community.