This week's #forewordFriday selection comes fresh off a successful launch of the Worldwatch Institute's newest edition of State of the World. This 2013 edition asks the question: Is Sustainability Still Possible? Editors Erik Assadourian and Tom Prugh have brought together Worldwatch experts and other contributors including:
- environmental thought leader David Orr on governance in the "long emergency,"
- Sandra Postel on sustaining freshwater,
- ecological economics pioneer Herman Daly on building a sustainable and desirable economy,
- The Story of Stuff author Annie Leonard on individual and societal change, and
- Science fiction writer Kim Stanley Robinson on imagining if it's already too late.